HBS Angels Hosts "Internet Gaming 101" on Monday August 15th
Drinks/networking start at 6:30pm, and the panel discussion begins at 7:00pm. It will be held in the Multi Purpose Room in the Santa Monica Public Library, located at 601 Santa Monica Blvd, 90401
On Monday August 15th the HBS Angels of Southern California will host its first educational event: "Internet Gaming 101." Drinks/networking start at 6:30, and the panel discussion begins at 7:00. It will be held in the Multi Purpose Room in the Santa Monica Public Library, located at 601 Santa Monica Blvd, 90401
The event will be a panel discussion intended to provide LA entrepreneurs with an overview of the internet gaming industry. Topics will include:
- Challenges and opportunities in starting a company in the internet gaming space
- How games are seeping into the real world - the 'gamification' of modern life
- Lessons that start-ups in other internet industries (e-commerce, etc.) can learn from gaming companies
To provide insight on the topics above, we have put together a superstar panel of entrepreneurs and investors in the gaming world:
- Brock Pierce is an entrepreneur best known for pioneering the market for virtual goods in online games. He has founded or co-founded seven companies and raised over $200 million on behalf of his companies
- Kelly Perdew is the CEO of Fastpoint Games, an LA-based company that develops live, data-based games such as Fantasy Sports, helping companies engage and monetize their users. He also was the winner of the second season of "The Apprentice"
- William Quigley is a Managing Director at Clearstone Ventures, where he concentrates on gaming and communications related investments
- Mark Donovan is the co-founder of of Titan Gaming, an innovative games platform that allows developers and publishers to quickly add skill-based wagering to their titles
The event is:
- Free for HBS Angels of Southern California members (Join today)
- $10 for HBS Association of Southern California members
- $20 for non-members
Snacks and drinks will be included in the price of the event. Register for the event using this link:
Click here to buy tickets!!!
Please Note: HBS Angels of Southern California Members get a free ticket but must follow these instructions:
1) Please pay when checking out.
2) In the "Special Instructions" section please write "HBS Angels member," and we will refund you the cost of the ticket after the event.
If you are interested in being involved with HBS Angels of Southern California, you can register as an investor or an entrepreneur. The group will be holding its second pitch event on Monday September 12th sign up for more information.
We hope to see you there,
HBS Angels of Southern California