HBS Alumni Angels of Boston & New England
HBS Alumni Angels of Boston & New England is comprised of Harvard alumni interested in investing in early stage companies. HBS Angels is open to all Harvard alumni, not just HBS graduates. The companies in which we invest do not need any Harvard affiliation. The HBS Alumni Angels of Boston & New England provides a forum for Harvard alumni to connect with, learn about, and invest in quality early-stage companies located predominantly in the Boston and New England area. The organization consists of current and former executives, entrepreneurs, and venture capitalists with a serious interest in investing their money, expertise, and time into high potential early stage entrepreneurial ventures.
The HBS Alumni Angels’ Selection Committee reviews 50+ deals each quarter and selects between 7 and 10 of the most promising to be invited to present at each quarterly meeting. The Selection Committee reviews the companies against the following criteria:
Each quarter, the selected companies will be invited to present at that quarter’s meeting for the HBS Alumni Angels members. Members interested in investing will pursue due diligence (either individually or as a group) after the meeting and make investment decisions individually.
- Is capital-efficient, early stage growth company. Markets targeted include, but are not limited to, internet, software, social networking, security enterprise, cloud, medical device, bio-technology, alternative energy applications, consumer goods and other venture capital targeted markets.
- Is operating in a large and/or growing market with a barrier to entry (e.g., an intellectual property position).
- Has demonstrated proof of concept and can articulate the revenue strategy clearly. Note: Priority goes to applicants with revenue traction (users, clients, customers).
- Has some unique / competitive advantage over other companies (or would-be companies) in this space.
- Can articulate an exit strategy.
- Has strong founder and senior management team (with compelling presentation and strong delivery skills).
- Is located or plans to locate or has a connection to New England.
To submit a business plan for funding by HBS Alumni Angels of Boston and New England, please visit our Gust website,
Submit Plan. Please note: We invest in companies regardless of whether any of the management or owners are Harvard alumni.
Become a Member
Members are required to be accredited investors (per SEC regulations)
and are expected to agree to the terms of our
Membership Agreement. If you are interested in participating as an Angel, please set
up a Gust account at the following link:
Become a Member. Also, please fill out this poll: Tell us more. As a member you need to pay the $175 annual dues via our website.
Business Plan Submission Deadline: Thursday, April 11th
Super Saturday Screening: Saturday, April 27*
Pitch Night: Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Business Plan Submission Deadline: Thursday, August 22th
Super Saturday Screening: Saturday, September 14*
Pitch Night: Tue, September 24, 2013
Business Plan Submission Deadline: Thursday, November 14th
Super Saturday Screening: Saturday, December 7*
Pitch Night: Tuesday, December 17, 2013
*HBSAABNE will invite 8 to 10 teams to present in front of the Screening Committee. These teams will be allotted 10 minutes to present and will participate in a 10 minute Q&A. 4 to 5 of these teams will be selected following Super Saturday to pitch in front of the HBSAABNE membership during the following Pitch Night.
We are looking for dedicated volunteers to fill a variety of roles. If you are interested in volunteering please let us know by filling out this poll: Click to Volunteer.
Connect with us
MAILING LIST: To join our mailing list, register at http://bit.ly/PAKfa2
LINKED IN: http://linkd.in/OC5jNn
HBS Alumni Angels of Boston and New England Organization
||Tarlin Ray, MBA 2000
||tarlinray (a) gmail.com
||Paris Wallace, MBA, MPA 2008
||pariswallace (a) gmail.com
of the Screening Committee
Boutin, MBA 2007
||eboutin33 (a) gmail.com
of Marketing Committee
Lyon, MBA 1997
scottlyonw (a) gmail.com