Who are the HBS Alumni Angels?
HBS Alumni Angels started in 2007 as a special interest group of the HBS Alumni Association of Northern California. Similar groups formed around the world and HBS Alumni Angels became a global alumni organization in December 2010.
Internationally, HBS Alumni Angels members have invested in over 100 companies since 2007.
Today, the HBS Alumni Angels organization is comprised of Harvard alumni interested in investing in high-potential early stage companies. HBS Alumni Angels is open to all Harvard alumni and others affiliated with the university, not just HBS graduates.
The mission of HBS Alumni Angels is to provide an educational and networking forum for Harvard alumni who are interested in researching and investing in early stage companies on an individual basis.
Goals of the HBS Alumni Angels include:
- Providing long lasting relationships between Harvard alumni and Harvard overall for fundraising, governance, and promotion of entrepreneurship and angel investing that is critical to establishment of Harvard as a leader in entrepreneurship
- Providing on-going education opportunities via seminars and events relevant to Harvard alumni interested in angel investing
- Providing relationship building between current Harvard students and Harvard alumni with an interest inearly stage ventures and angel investing
- Providing mentoring and judging for business plans in the student and alumni business plan competitions
- Establishing HBS Angels as the leading point of contact for interaction with Harvard on matters relevant to angel investing and entrepreneurshipEstablishing a financially sound, self-sustaining organization that will be a long-time contributor to Harvard, entrepreneurship, and angel investing
From the Presidents
Fellow members and prospective members,
We are very excited about the growth and enthusiasm we've seen for HBS Alumni Angels globally. HBS Alumni Angels began as a special interest group of the HBS Association of Northern California in 2007 and quickly grew to 400 active angel investors seeing over 100 deals per quarter. Paris launched an HBS Alumni Angels group in 2009. To further Harvard Business School’s efforts to be the top business school for entrepreneurship, HBS Alumni Angels was approved as a global alumni club by the school in December 2010. We have quickly expanded to 14 additional regions including: New York, Boston, Chicago, Canada, Austin, China, Japan, Brazil, India, London, Africa, and Southern California. Additionally, we are creating a global network of HBS and Harvard alumni angel investors. As a member, you will be able to attend local presentation events featuring exciting investment opportunities. You will also be able to network online and at our annual global summit and mentorHBS and Harvard student and alumni entrepreneurs.
We look forward to having you involved in the HBS Alumni Angels community. Please let us know if you have any suggestions or want to be involved as a volunteer or officer.
How to volunteer
Each chapter needs volunteers to help with deal screening and sourcing, marketing, event organization. Please contact your chapter chair to find out how to get involved.